Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Boyfriend's Birthday

Tuesday was my boyfriend's birthday.  When deciding what to do for him, I was considering a lot of possibilities.  As expected, I thought of his hobbies, loves and interests.  Eventually I decide to celebrate his birthday with one of his favorite things: food.

The boy conveniently works about a mile from my job, and less than five miles from my apartment.  He gets into work incredibly early in the morning- earlier than his baker girlfriend.  Normally I work on Tuesdays, so showing up at his work with coffee & breakfast is not particularly inconvenient to me.  Naturally I would have off this Tuesday, and bringing him coffee & breakfast would mean not getting to sleep in on one of the few occasions I actually had the chance to.  My alarm went off at 5:30am, and I seriously contemplated not going in until 8, but I knew he would have eaten breakfast by then.  Knowing my objective for the day was to make him feel special and loved, and knowing he was worth being inconvenienced for, I finally got my butt out of bed around 6:30.

I picked up coffee and breakfast from Starbucks because, despite being kind of a redneck, the boy is a coffee snob. After dropping them off and wishing him a happy birthday, I went home and set up an online order for catering from Jimmy Johns.  I got a party platter of his favorite sandwiches and set it up to be delivered at lunch time.  He was very excited by the sandwiches, and even was generous enough  to share some with his coworkers.  He did manage to eat 6 of the 15 sandwiches over a 3 hour period, though (and case you're wondering, he didn't gain a pound from it either).

After work we finished out his birthday with beers and dinner at Dogfish Head Ale House.  He loves craft beer, and the food is great too, so he had a great time.

I'm incredibly lucky to be with him, and I wanted to make sure he understood how special I think he is.  Hopefully I succeeded. After all, the way to a man's heart is through his six stomachs!

No comments:

Post a Comment